So I'm working on an event receiver that may take a moment to execute... The WSP did not include any default event receiver bindings, as I wanted to control that myself.
because of the potential execution time (initial testing showed 20 seconds as a possibility), I wanted to find out what would happen if event receivers are time consuming. Since I wanted to be able to adjust the time quickly, I used the SPWeb propertybag.
So I deactivated the event but then the event was still firing only then I found out that the events were still attached to List B but not on List A.
So just a reminder if you want to save a list template with event receiver make sure to deactivate the feature then save as template to avoid the issue.
Developing a Sharepoint application would have all the fun of a video game, if only you had infinite lives.
Dangers lurk hidden out there which, if you run into them, can be a blow to your project and waste a great deal of time.
The second Item Updating seems to be used to release the file lock.