It is set to fire on updating item from a list, and works very good when I update that item from Sharepoint's web UI.
This was my scenario: I had created a remote event receiver that was attached to a document library and was supposed to act whenever an item in the list was updated.
The initialization of the event receiver looks like this: And all was fine in the world.
The event receiver was nicely attached and got busy when I uploaded a document. I was trying to change permissions on an item and this was the part of my code that was creating the problems: Inside my SPRemote Event Type.
Item Updated I did an Update and making it trigger itself. If you’re dealing with a event receiver with access to server side code, this is not a problem.
With that in mind, Share Point 2010 is like a sea of icebergs – there is a lot going on under the surface that you may not notice until it’s too late.