At the time, there were 54 homes in Northampton (Allentown), and the number of inhabitants was around 330.
With the Declaration of Independence, the Colonial British government in Allentown began to break down and patriot militias took control.
On March 6, 1812, Lehigh County was formed from the western half of Northampton County, and Northampton Town was selected as the county seat.
The town was officially renamed "Allentown" on April 16, 1838, after years of popular usage.
The price for this tract included shoes and buckles, hats, shirts, knives, scissors, combs, needles, looking glasses, rum, and pipes.